Monday, 1 January 2007

Live the life you have imagined

I like new things. New accessories, new ideas, new places, new adventures, new friends, and new beginnings. Nascence. And so I like the concept of a new year. And I like that fact that it happens every year.

I like that we get to draw a line on what has been, take a deep breath, and feel that there is an opportunity to try again, to start again, to redeem lost or squandered opportunities, and to act on wisdom acquired through mistakes and naiveté and growing older. I like that there is another chance to imagine life and then to live the life imagined.

For me, this new beginning has brought with it renewed hope.

Hail 2007! I am looking forward to you!

3 comments:

oz said...

brasil

oz said...

opps...that didnt come out right. ha ha
what i wanted to say was....two thumbs up to what you said in this post. i clap over my head at you. (just watched the pursuit of happyness..reference to that)
luv ya,
oz

al bino said...

thanks for the comment - its cool cause all the spam ones come to me with 'anonymous' so no probs picking yours up. Love what your saying here.
Reminds me of a word i heard from baz in sheffield once. It was about a greek wedding and how they smash the plates even if there is food on it, so they can go up for new stuff or even a fresh serving of the old. How we can have words over us and plenty of space for new ones but get caught up on whats not 'come through' yet. Going to god with a new plate..... new new new new - even the old stuffs fresh and new - full of hope as you say. Big Up You God Lady, good to know your still rockin!
gaz
www.myspace.com/gazdrum