Wednesday, 4 April 2007

Its 2.30am....

and I have a horrid cold and can’t sleep cos my nose blocks up when I lay down and I can’t sleep whilst breathing through my mouth.

So anyway…I am watching movies and just watched (for the first time), ‘the Devil wears Prada’.

Meryl Streep is fabulous – as are the costumes. And as for the accessories……

So at the end of the film I was feeling the way such a film was intended to make me feel no doubt – fat and frumpy and like somewhere along the line I’d missed out on the point of life –designer clothes, glamour, lipstick……Prada!

As I mused…my screen saver came on and the first picture was of us visiting some of the children in the refugee camps in northern Uganda (the children are now living at KCC). They had proudly dressed in their best for the occasion – ill-fitting, patched-up, hand-me-down, uncoordinated, donated outfits.

Sometimes I think I live in a parallel universe.

No comments: