
So can anyone tell me...how does one constructively miss someone?
Moping around feeling sad makes it worse.....
Distraction doesn't work....
Long ‘I miss you’ phone calls to Uganda has grave ‘overdrawn on my overdraft’ consequences.....!
And comfort-eating donuts has long term tragic waistline consequences....
My current tactic....ignore the pain.....succeed admirably for most of the day....and then fall apart for the rest of it!
I'm a headcase!

9 comments:
how about comfort eating involving mange-tout and carrots...?! that's my current tactic and its pretty much an all-round winner! you still coming for tea tomorrow? love you x
hey hon
feel for you - man, our relationship was no way as long-distance as yours but jon and I would go months without seeing each other when we were engaged and it was really hard!
I think, if it's any encouragement, that as a sign of the right-ness of your relationship it's GREAT that you feel so bereft when apart from Michael. your hearts are becoming one and pain is the only outcome of being apart...particularly when it's not your will! Never allow yourself to be hardened to it because it's part of you giving yourself to the other....however, that doesn't really help the question of how to deal with it constructively eh?
I wonder if you're much of a writer? I sometimes found in those lonely hours just writing, be it a letter to Michael (which you may or may not end up sending), a journal, scribbles on a napkin.... some kind of outlet for your feelings and thoughts really help. I know it helped me outlet those necessary feelings of frustration, love, longing etc which then helped prevent the self-centred wallowing that, although indulgent and easy, and in many ways justified , never seemed to be that constructive or helpful!
Just a thought - sending you tons of love
Els xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i recommend donuts...you just haven't had enough yet to ease the pain...it will work though....!!!...just kidding...just get married melsy, just get hitched...miss you heaps...feeling bit disconnected but just need to see you soon...how's may?!...love you Cx
yeah donuts AND mange-tout! total winner? maybe not. sos babes...perhaps taking up a hobby...like flower arranging or something. the more riveting the better, eh? :)
well - Oria - you try flower arranging and let me know if it works!!
meanwhile I'll try the mange-tout and donuts!
There's a flavour of ban and jerry's... its called chocolate therapy. Havenät seen it in Sweden but had some in Brighton. I recommend it.
Not sure about summer dates. I've tried to be swede-like and write dates in the dairy (which even has the swedish week numbers...) but I'm rubbish at it. I'd love to see you though! Maybe we could head to Finland together sometime warm.
I recommend cross stich as a hobby...or perhaps late night ironing...or maybe folding up your WET laundry....or maybe bird watching...a whole myriad of options helen...should keep you busy...Cx
Hi Helen, thanks for connecting again! It has been how long? Getting closer to two years soon! Would love to hook up with you, hear your exciting stories!
Though right now you are missing this special guy tons, I am soooo happy for you!!! :) If you are on skype would you add gabocabp? When I searched only found toluwase without any specification... Hugs and blessings!!!
Focus on God, read Scriptures. You can always write Michael emails and nice long letters - I am sure he will really appreciate that. Hope all is well.
Love From Eddie
Post a Comment